Visit the Partners careers page to apply online. Job ID is 3119587
General Summary/Overview Statement
Enterprise Research Infrastructure & Services (ERIS https://rc.partners.org) is seeking a REDCap (https://project-redcap.org/) Application Support Specialist. This position will specialize in supporting a broad range of research and clinical investigation studies across our member institutions in their use of the electronic data capture (EDC or eCRF) system to collect and store questionnaire and survey responses.
As a member of our team, you will be responsible for all aspects of the REDCap service including: developing in-depth understanding of the available features and modules; identifying the optimal application settings given the investigator’s requirements for their study; and train/educate these personnel in the use and functions of the application. Additionally, you will perform outreach and present internal education sessions to the research community.
You will work closely with research faculty and staff, study team designers, programmers, and external vendors and collaborators.
ERIS enables and supports the highly successful and innovative research programs of the largest teaching hospitals in the nation: Massachusetts General (MGH), Brigham and Women’s (BWH), McLean and Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital. With thousands of research and translational programs under development or translating to the clinic each year, ERIS develops and supports the required tools and technologies that enable this research and innovation.
More can be found at our website: https://rc.partners.org.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely within a focused team to support faculty and research study staff in the use of the REDCap for data capture and management of research studies.
- Work independently with diverse sets of clients and manage a diverse set of job responsibilities and tasks.
- Serve as the first tier of contact for the research community, research collaborators, vendors and ERIS team members for all aspects of the REDCap service.
- Understand and utilize industry best-practices for usability, data quality and security of EDC in compliance with FDA, IRB, GCP and ICH regulations and guidelines
- Develop and provide training for various audiences: technical training and workshops to investigators, study designers/managers in the development of data entry screens, consistency checks, CRFs and advanced feature sets (including scripting branching logic and exports to statistical packages)
- Responsible for troubleshooting customer issues and proactively driving their resolution.
- Use ERIS Project/ticketing system to communicate with end users and manage project requests.
- Develop, publish and maintain knowledgebase articles and documentation on application features, best practices and usage how-to’s as well as training and reference materials for the community using wiki and knowledge management tools.
- Travel to corporate and research sites in the Boston metro area for meetings with investigators, stakeholders, governance teams, and ERIS/Research Computing team members.
- Maintain department service standards, with attention to personal/behavioral, staff teamwork and customer-staff interaction guidelines.
- Use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- 1+ years minimum experience in eCRF/EDC or study subject recruitment projects within a CRO, clinical or academic environment.
- Strong technical skills including knowledge of software development processes.
- Ability to deeply understand application functions and technical documentation required.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced knowledge of an EDC system such as REDCap, Velos, StudyTrax, Oracle Clinical or PhaseForward.
- Proven ability to work in a team-oriented, dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of clinical research concepts (AEs, med reconciliation), standards (GCP, CDISC), and processes (SOPs, consent) preferred.
- Superior written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills: demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with cross-functional teams including staff at all levels of the organization including both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Demonstrated documentation capabilities.
- Ability to successfully negotiate and collaborate with others of different skill sets, backgrounds and levels within and external to the organization.
- Must be capable of contributing within a team, exhibit a high level of initiative, and have an eagerness to learn.
- Proficiency with using ticketing and knowledge management systems like ServiceNow.
- Ability to deliver effective training and large group presentations in person and via telephone or electronically.
- Commitment to delivering excellent customer service.
- Strong creative decision making, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to identify, triage, action plan, and resolve or escalate issues: developing flexible solutions and solving issues that meet evolving requirements.
- Knowledge of relational database structures and structured query language (SQL) a plus.
- Standard office environment with travel to Hospital locations in the Boston Metro area.
- As projects and priorities dictate, flexible work and off-hours are required including evening, night and weekend hours to cover events, roll-outs and special projects.
EEO Statement Partners HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.
Primary Location: MA-Somerville-Assembly Row - PHS
Work Locations: Assembly Row - PHS 399 Revolution Drive Somerville 02145
Job: Systems/Network Administration
Organization: Partners HealthCare(PHS)
Standard Hours: 40
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Recruiting Department: PHS Information Systems
Job Posting: Feb 10, 2020
Visit the Partners careers page to apply online. Job ID is 3119587