Visit the Partners careers page to apply online. Job ID is 3104094
General Summary/Overview Statement
The Research Patient Data Registry (RPDR) is a centralized clinical data registry designed for facilitating research across the Partners HealthCare enterprise. Our team is focused on the consolidation of data from a variety of hospital systems into an organized format that can be easily queried by investigators from across the organization. We provide tools to search this data as well as process workflows for the dissemination of clinical data for IRB approved studies. Our repository contains over 3 billion individual data points on over 7 million patients. Our team handles over 30,000 query requests from over 1500 researchers annually, including the creation and delivery of over 3000 identified data sets. The total value of grants that depend on data delivered from the RPDR for their associated research projects is estimated to be over $1 billion.
Under the direction of the Senior Manager of Operations, we are looking for an analyst who will oversee the processing and delivery of patient-identified data sets from the RPDR to Partners researchers, who request over 4,000 data requests annually. Additionally, this person will serve as the “face” of the RPDR, responding to researcher questions and providing hands-on support for obtaining access to the RPDR, using our tools, or troubleshoot data file issues. Lastly, this person will also make data-driven recommendations for improving the researcher experience and complete quality-assurance testing for any application changes.
The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in understanding how large health systems with heterogenous clinical systems support cutting-edge research. Individuals with experience working with clinical patient data and/or electronic medical records or experience as a clinical research coordinator are strongly encouraged to apply for this role.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
Data operations – 40%
- Daily oversight and timely fulfillment of data requests for researchers.
- Review data files for accuracy and triage to the appropriate team member if problems arise.
- Identify and scope requirements for improvements in support of better researcher experience, including data fulfillment.
- Create, maintain, and edit RPDR website content, including but not limited to policy documents, training guides, data dictionaries, and FAQs.
- Make recommendations for improving team processes and continually work to improve the experience of researchers getting data from our system.
- Create process documentation for standard operating procedures, and ensure they are reviewed and updated in a timely fashion.
Business analyst – 30%
- Analyze and report out on key performance indicators for the RPDR operations.
- Use metrics to write compelling user stories for improvements or user enhancements.
- Application testing for new functionality.
- Collaborate on getting user feedback and using feedback to inform improvements in the data repository or operational processes.
- Champion enhancements and use new or existing channels to drive adoption and awareness of new services or product improvements.
Customer Support – 30%
- Address training or education gaps and create and deliver user trainings of all sizes, including large scale training seminars, one-on-one sessions, and on-demand training courses, travel to hospital sites as needed.
- Respond to help emails in a timeline manner; identify trends and make recommendations to reduce confusion/user issues, which could include user interface enhancements or training.
- Manage and improve the process for registering new researchers onto our data platform
- Handle inquiries professionally with a “user-first” mind-set, keeping quality and integrity of our data top of mind.
- Use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
- Performs all other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required.
- 1-3 years of experience working with clinical patient data in some capacity.
- Passion for making an impact in clinical research.
- Interest in how data flows through complex architecture with an aptitude to identify issues and hypothesize solutions.
- Knowledge of hospital and clinical information systems or familiarity with electronic health records is a plus.
- Strong PC skills required, including MS Office suite.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology and healthcare/medical concepts, e.g. knowledge of standard code sets such as ICD9, ICD10, CPT, SNOMED, LOINC preferred.
- SQL skills (or a desire to learn) a huge plus.
- Ability to prioritize own work; working independently or as part of a group to research and resolve researcher questions.
- Strong aptitude for problem solving; Detail-oriented.
- Metric-driven with an eye toward process improvements.
- Self-motivated and adaptable, keeping others informed and comfortable reaching out to diverse stakeholders as needed.
- Excited by digging below the surface of issues and understanding the user problems and use cases in clinical research.
- Commitment to high quality customer service and serving as an exemplary representative of the RPDR Team.
- Ability to work independently in an intellectually challenging environment as well as the willingness to handle the more routine tasks that keep the team functioning.
- Professional, clear, and concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and teamwork skills. Ability to work collegially and able to develop and maintain productive relationships with colleagues and others across the organization, at all levels.
- Ability to quickly grasp objectives and opportunities within the research community.
Standard Office Environment
Partners HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.
Primary Location: MA-Somerville-Assembly Row - PHS
Work Locations: Assembly Row - PHS 399 Revolution Drive Somerville 02145
Job: Business and Systems Analyst
Organization: Partners HealthCare(PHS)
Standard Hours: 40
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Recruiting Department: PHS Research IS and Computing
Job Posting: Aug 19, 2019
Visit the Partners careers page to apply online. Job ID is 3104094